At Harvest, our worship is expressed by what we say, sing and the way we live. We do not believe that singing praise to God in a church service is, in and of itself, worship. However, we do believe that singing praise to God is a command to all (Psalm 66:1-2 )and is a powerful way to respond to our God and King. Our Worship Ministry includes singing and playing instruments—and the message that our music and songs communicate is of utmost importance. Whether our music is loud or soft, fast or slow, new or old, with a full band or without matters little in comparison to the message of the song. It is important that our songs accurately reflect the Scriptures, and we hope to express the true nature of our God as we respond to the gospel of His Son. Worship is the term we use to cover all the acts of the heart and mind and body that express the infinite worth of God. In our worship services we sing songs, bring tithes, hear and obey God’s Word, and reorient our lives based on His infinite worth. The worship ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel exists to help our people experience the sufficiency and express the supremacy of Christ in all things.
Worship Set List Sept 16, 2018
- This we know- Jason Ingram and Kristian Stanfill
- Who you say I am- Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan
- God you are so good- Ben Fielding and Reuben Morgan
- Great I am- Jared Anderson
- Good good father- Anthony Brown and Pat Barrett
OUR WORSHIP VALUES
The content of our singing and praying and welcoming and preaching will always conform to the truths of Scripture. God’s Word is the ground of all our appeal to authority. (Isaiah 40:8)
Head and Heart
Our services will appeal to clear thinking about spiritual things, and seek to kindle hearts with deep, strong, real emotions towards God with these truths. (Matthew 22:37)
Our services will have the atmosphere of a radically personal encounter with the God of truth. We will avoid all pretense and posturing, all flippant, superficial frivolity. We will pursue reverence, passion, and wonder. (Psalm 96)
We want all stage participants to disappear and allow the greatness of God to shine through. Our trust is in our Message, not ourselves as messengers. We actively avoid shoddiness and lack of preparation as well as distracting finesse or refinement. (Psalm 115:1)
Contemporary and Traditional
We celebrate different time periods of musical expression, not for the sake of appeasing demographics, but to show how the glory of God transcends personal taste. (Matthew 13:52)
Serving in Worship ministry
Before filling out a Worship Team application…
- You must be a believer in Jesus Christ and Harvest must be your home church. No exceptions.
- You must be able to take honest feedback during your initial meeting with our staff.
- We need faithful players and singers who are willing to play at least once a month.
- Though we may place you in a certain ministry, it doesn’t guarantee you will stay there. It is up to that ministry leader to decide whether you are capable and trustworthy enough to serve in that specific role.